Monday 21 January 2013

Snowy lazy days

*Yawn*

That has pretty much been a constant for me since about Weds/Thurs. But I am completely happy to just have tiredness as my main "side effect" it's easy, and maybe, just maybe I'm sometimes using it to get hubby to do more around the house (insert angelic face here)

We've had a super lazy weekend, it snowed quite a bit here, so we spent Saturday visiting Grandparents to check on them, and make sure they have everything they need. I love visiting my Grandma & Grandad, we left filled up on Christmas chocolates & fruit scones -Yummy! I always end up overeating crap there ;)

Hubbys Gran lives alone, and I adore her, I really do. She is Polish & came here just after the 2nd world war. Her stories of being a child, desperately fleeing Poland & the Nazis are awe inspiring. We complain so much, about so many small, unimportant things, and yet she and thousands upon thousands of others suffered so much and were grateful for what little they had. By the age of 14 she had lost all her family except her brother & sister, was living in a foreign country & had no home anywhere to return too. Such an amazing lady, who is amazingly strong despite everything.

So after visiting her, everything seemed more in perspective. Yes this infertility situation is shitty, but how amazing, that we live in a country, in an age where we have such freedom. And also how much science has advanced to be able to have this chance to try for the family we long for. We have so much to be grateful for, I need to remind myself so much more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment