Tuesday 16 October 2012

Ugh part 2

UGH!

Today I am pretty certain someone out there is just taking the piss out of me.

For the last week we have been having a new fancy boiler & shower fitted (shower's not so fancy, the bastard boiler took all our money) well anyway, everything was finished yesterday, hip hooray! I had a lovely shower and then marvelled at how the house was actually warm, yes finally, I felt cosy.

Cut to 6.15am this morning, and both me and hubby are woken by a very loud gushing noise, we both instantly run to the bathroom to find the shower absolutely pissing water from one of the pipe fixings, I grabbed a hand towel & tried to stop the bathroom floor flooding anymore than it already was. Screamed at hubby to turn the stopcock off, and literally I thought he was blind or something! He just stood there panic stricken whilst I was getting absolutely soaked with freezing cold water! Anyway, hubby finally moved, failed to turn stopcock off or find the isolation valves fitted to the shower, but did triumph in ringing his Dad! That's my boy! So now I have no shower AGAIN!!!

On the plus side, we did giggle at the fact that I totes showed my nipples to my father in law! Not intentionally, but I failed to realise that white t-shirts do go see through when wet! To bad that my nipples were around my waist on their first wet t-shirt appearance!

All of this before 7am. And now, I have a full blown cold. I am quite certain that I have an actual razor blade in my throat, and most worryingly, I don't want chocolate. I must seriously be ill.

And it's the great British bake off final tonight, boo hiss! Can't decide who I want to win, I think James, but then I love Brendans' retro!

Please, please to whoever rules the universe, please let me sleep tonight, or else I will be a freaking bitch to everyone!


1 comment:

  1. Hello fellow Brit, how have I not found your blog before? Well, at least that is rectified now. Very pleased to meet you. I am from Birmingham by the way, so not that far from the East Midlands. I don't have a brummie accent, more received pronunciation. I blame my southerner mother. I loved GBGO, but I felt that James was more consistent and should have won. It shouldn't have come down to the final showstopper on its own. I am now off to catch up on your story.

    ReplyDelete