Monday 18 February 2013

Transfer Day

Well, we've done it! After being so stressed out about the outcome, we made it to transfer day.

We had to be at the hospital for 11, for a 11.30 transfer. We were the only ones there and so had no delays, which was nice.

I was taken into the theatre and to the right of the room was a screen with my 2 little blasties on it. The embryologist explained that of the 6 eggs collected, 6 were mature, 4 fertilised and 3 made it to blast. The 4th was a cavity blast, don't really know what that is, But of the 3, 1 was A graded, 1 B graded and one C. We transferred the the A&B and was advised that it wasn't really worth freezing the 3rd, which was fine, as it saves £500 towards either a pram or the next attempt *deep breath*
Then the nurse prepped me, along with the female Dr,  which I have to say, I have never really had a preference over male or female Drs, but she was super gentle, and almost made me enjoy the experience for the miracle it is. The transfer itself went really smoothly and I was told my womb lining looks very healthy and thick. The nurse told us after transfer that we have a lot to be positive about, 2 healthy Blasts, lovely lining, smooth transfer and age all on our side.

I'm not to sure, I don't want to get my hopes up, I would love this to work, but what will be, will be.

2 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed and very good luck to those two little bundles of precious cells. I will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being PUPO...I have everything crossed and will be sending lots of love and sticky vibes your way!!

    ReplyDelete